I have a VPS server hosted by Godaddy. Recently the server got hacked ( root level compromised ). I had to re-provision the server and lose all my data and files. I had to admit there was not much security in the server previously, I'm running CentOS 6.4 with WHM/cPanel.
I need a good server administrator to do the following stuffs.
1. Setup and update the server
2. Secure the server as much as possible to prevent hacking or webshells etc
3. Setup the dns and apache and all other needed applications for the server to functions properly. ( ioncube , GD etc )
4. Update all files/kernals/os
5. Optimize the server performance if possible.
6. Change all the default ports and locations of important files
7. Antivirus and Firewall setup
Good knowledge & experience in server administration.
Should be ABLE TO COMMUNICATE in Skype.
Should be able to answer questions and do minor changes if requested.
Must be able to speak fluent English
27 freelancers are bidding on average $171 for this job
I am an experienced Linux administrator. Please be more detailed about your server and services running out there so I could estimate time and effort needed for maintenance and adjust my bid accordingly.