VPS Server Setup + Security
This project received 29 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $170 SGD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 SGD
I have a VPS server hosted by Godaddy. Recently the server got hacked ( root level compromised ). I had to re-provision the server and lose all my data and files. I had to admit there was not much security in the server previously, I'm running CentOS 6.4 with WHM/cPanel.
I need a good server administrator to do the following stuffs.
1. Setup and update the server
2. Secure the server as much as possible to prevent hacking or webshells etc
3. Setup the dns and apache and all other needed applications for the server to functions properly. ( ioncube , GD etc )
4. Update all files/kernals/os
5. Optimize the server performance if possible.
6. Change all the default ports and locations of important files
7. Antivirus and Firewall setup
Good knowledge & experience in server administration.
Should be ABLE TO COMMUNICATE in Skype.
Should be able to answer questions and do minor changes if requested.
Must be able to speak fluent English
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online