setup and secure a linux server
This project was awarded to mohsenshilivw for $90 CAD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 CAD
what i will be doing:
I will be installing CentOS 6.3 x64 on a server with 6 hard drives, 2 hard drives are 160GB in space, and 4 hard drives are 500GB each. the distro will be installed on one of the 160GB hard drives, and SSH access will be given to the winning bidder to do his work.
I'm looking for someone to help me accomplish the following things:
0) partition all the drives properly for best stability
1) one hard drive will contain only the Distro and my application which will be installed on the server by me
2) the other 160GB hard drive, i want to be able to make it easily accessible from the GUI to copy files to it, from other drives, and make it hot swappable so i can remove it, and re-insert it without shutting down the server (my server hard drives are hot swappable)
3) the 4 hard drives will be setup so whenever a new ftp account is created, it will create a folder on one of the drives until it's more than 70% full, then it will start creating new accounts on the next drive in sequence, etc... i don't really know how this can be accomplished, but i'm sure linux has a way to do it.
4) install the latest apache
5) install the latest php
6) install the latest mysql and phpmyadmin
7) install the latest ioncube loaders
8) install the latest pureftpd (not any other ftp server software)
9) install a free control panel for me, i don't care which one, as long as it's easy to use, and has a lot of online support
10) install a software firewall, and close all un-necessary ports
11) install a free antivirus software, which scans the full system all the time, and sends a report to the admin with the scan results
12) secure the server from hacking, or DDos attacks (without costing me a monthly or annual fee, unless i have no choice)
13) help me get and setup an SSL certificate on the webserver so it is secure all the time. you must provide me with really cheap in-expensive good SSL certificates, as i don't want to pay high fees.
14) explain to me full details about encryption types, and recommend an encryption type to me, something powerfull but either free or doesn't cost much.
15) provide me FULL details of exactly 100% of what has been done on the server to achieve everything, as well as hack testing results
16) tweak and configure the server to be effecient, with only needed system resources
17) we both test the server together, and make sure it's stable, crashfree (or almost crashfree), and thuroughly test security together, as well as the rest of the requirements
I'm willing to escrow the full amount as soon as we start the project, but no money will be released until the FULL 100% OF THE PROJECT IS COMPLETE to our satisfaction.
I'm not looking for web development, or programming, or any other services than the ones requested above, so please, don't send me your previous work of websites you designed, because that will prove to me that you didn't read the description above, and you don't know what you are talking about.
you MUST have good experience in security before bidding on this project.
only reasonable bids will be checked, and replied to. outrageous bids will be ignored and deleted. also incorrect bid amounts like $9999999999, will be immediately deleted even if you have the best experience on freelancer.
good luck everyone
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online