Linux server admin, user setup, vpnserver, remote access con
- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $250 USD
- Total Bids 14
we have a Linux (Novell suse Enterprise) and a Win2003 server and 10 XP machines. We have 10 remote workers on various platforms. Linux server has new ERP software and Win2003 has old ERP software.
1. Suggest stable VPN solution (e.g. OpenVPN run on Linux server). Currently we use QuickVPN with a Linksys router which is not very stable and doesn't work on Win7. Hence we need something better.
2. Move network drive from Win2003 to Linux server. Win is very unstable and connections to network drives get lost, hence we need to move them to Linux server and make them accessible from all client computers.
3. Win2003 server with the old ERP software should not manage any network services and be just a client on the network. The network should be run through the Linux server.
4. The win2003 server with the ERP software should be moved of the hardware (Gateway server) to another hardware (HP desktop).
5. Load suse linux on Gateway server and make it a backup server of the other Linux server.
Please apply with a detail work plan that would minimize interruption of our day-to-day operations. We are considering only experienced Linux administrators with at least 5 years of experience. Please submit references as well, as we need to check them.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online