System administrator and automation expert desired. We need a perl5 programmer to implement and extend a set of "integration scripts". These scripts are either command line utilities or perl cgi scripts that "duct tape" together various backend services.
They are typically less than 1000 lines of code and make extensive use of many perl modules. This can be a fun programming job for the right person!
* Commitment is for 20-40 hours/week
* Available for a block of time roughly 16:00 -- 18:00 EST daily and accessible via slack or phone. Strong English skills preferred.
* Able to work independently without undue supervision.
* Able to communicate clearly verbally, via email and verbally.
* A flexible problem solver.
* A good time manager, able to multitask (within reason)
* Centos 7, including rpm, systemd, ssh and sshd, sudo and bash 4. You should know enough Linux to figure what you need to learn and then learn it.
* A modern dynamic scripting language, e.g. Perl5/6 or Python3.
* Some knowledge of Amazon Webservices, including the AWS control panel.
* Git and github
Good to know:
* The Extensive Provisioning Protocol (EPP).
* Some of the automation and orchestration AWS frameworks, e.g. OpsWorks or Cloudformation.
* Some knowledge of DNS.
Any replies without an attached resume or skills summary will be ignored.