On-site installation of 2 servers HP Proliant DL-380 G5 with CentOS as functional ftp server
This project was successfully completed by iosifpeterfi for $600 USD in 14 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Completed In14 days
ON-SITE JOB at location Vlissingen, The Netherlands
We bought 2 used HP Proliant servers and a 19 inch rack. The type of servers are; a HP Proliant server, model DL-380 G5 and installed the CentOS operating system and a HP Proliant server, model DL-380 G4. We need professional help to set these servers up as being a ftp server and a backup server.
The skills needed for this job are:
- knowledge of the HP Proliant Server hardware and how to set it up with a second server as a backup server
- knowledge of the CentOS or another distri of the Linux operating system that is best qualitfied for this purpose
- knowlodge to setup these servers with the customer data disks in maybe RAID 5 or 10
- knowledge of ftp and php
Available hardware at the location are:
- HP server, model DL-380 G5
- HP server, model DL-380 G4
- 9 HP hot swap harddisks
- different switches of the brands HP and Cisco
- 19 inch HP Compaq rack
- internet through adsl (at the moment only 1 connection but we probably need 2 for this purpose)
The purpose of these servers will be:
- the use as a online ftp server to stream database backups from different users to at hourly intervals from different remote locations using the inernet.
- the server will have 100+ different ftp users uploading their ftp backup every hour
The job is on-site at our office location in Vlissingen, The Netherlands
The costs for travel, meals and overnight stay will be paid
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online