Dynamic Stability of a Viscoelastic Wing
- Status Closed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 15
The research regards to the dynamic stability of a 2D viscoelastic tapered wing subjected to bending and torsion (as a result of aerodynamic forces) and a transverse follower force (represents the engine thrust).
1- setting up the governing equation of motion using newtons low or hamilton principle
2- solving the coupled equations(PDE's) using Galerkin's method to find the divergence speed, flutter speed, effect of viscoelasticity,.....
3- simulating the problem using FEA software like ansys or nastran, and comparing the analytical results to FEA result with acceptable agreement.
- related papers are available
- I have derived the PDE's, but they are required just to make sure
- chosing the viscoelastic material and model ( maxwell, kelvin,...) is up to you
- chosing the wing type ( Golland, AGARD,...) for the parametric study is up to you - Theodorson theory is used to model the aerodynamic forcesGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online