3D Animation for Aurasma Augmented Reality Product
- Status Completed
- Budget $100 - $1000 USD
- Total Bids 22
Please read the attached Creative Brief and Technical Requirement pdf attachments which should cover most of the details.
We are looking for an experienced 3D Animation Designer to work with us to create a 30 second 3D animation of an alien smashing out of an wooden and attacking the viewer.
The animation will be used to create an Augmented Reality retail product using the Aurasma software. The first 2 examples below show Youtube videos of Augmented Reality animations created using Aurasma. The 3rd example is a very basic demo version of the animation we want to produce. Note: The animation must have an alpha transparent background so it can be projected on to the real world when viewed through Aurasma smartphone app.
Copy/paste the links to see Youtube video examples:
(1) Augmented Reality Dragon animation is triggered when painting is viewed through Aurasma app. Link = [url removed, login to view]
(2) Rolling Stones advert comes to life when poster is viewed through Aurasma app. Link = [url removed, login to view]
(3) First draft demo of R+R Ventures Augmented Reality Alien. Link = [url removed, login to view]
DESCRIPTION OF 3D ANIMATION:
1. The animation starts with a still image of the top of a wooden crate. A ‘DO NOT OPEN’ label and ‘Area 51’ sticker are stuck on the top of the crate.
2. The alien’s right hand smashes through the crate.
3. The alien’s left hand smashes through the crate.
4. The alien’s head smashes out of the crate, roaring and snarling at the viewer.
5. The alien’s head scans from centre to right whilst growling
6. The Alien’s head scans right to left whilst growling.
7. The Alien’s head retreats backwards into the crate as if scared with hands holding onto the edge of the crate.
8. The Alien’s head lunges out of the crate at the viewer then retreats slightly.
9. The Alien’s head lunges out of the crate at the viewer with more ferocity then retreats slightly.
10. The lunges right out of the box past the viewer.
11. Ends with Alien out of picture as if behind viewer with sinister low growl.
TECHNICAL DETAILS (SEE ATTACHED PDF FOR FULL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
A. Formats: Aurasma 3D model support is based on the Collada format (v1.4 or v1.5), as exported by Maya 2012 and 3DS Max 2012. They support the OpenCOLLADA Exporter and the Autodesk Collada Exporter but recommend the OpenCOLLADA Exporter.
B. Limitations: Due to the processing limitations of today’s smartphone and tablet devices, the current generation of 3D models to fall within specific guidelines for models, textures, rigging, animation and lighting.
C. File Format: To upload a 3D model as an overlay, the Aurasma Studio requires a “.tar” file which is very much like a “.zip” file. It can be created with a number of software products; we recommend one called ‘7zip’. The ‘.tar’ file should not contain subfolders but should contain:
-The exported/scene model using OpenCollada (.dae file)
-All textures referenced in the scene file (.png format)
[url removed, login to view] thumbnail (256×256 pixels), named [url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view], if sound is required
If you would like to work with us on this project please contact as soon as possible.
R&R Ventures LimitedGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online