Heat, Fluids & Aerodynamics
This project received 8 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of £233 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
Heat, Fluids & Aerodynamics calculation
The task set to you by your boss is as follows:
1) Design a heat sink that will dissipate as much heat as possible – if it is assumed that the base plate is kept at a constant temperature of 380ºK.
2) Assume the air temp of the ambient air used to cool the heat sink is T? = 300ºK
3) Assume the velocity of the onset air is [url removed, login to view] with an absolute pressure of 1.0 bar.
4) Investigate the possibility/feasibility of modelling the above problem using a commercial Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) code (e.g. Ansys Fluent, STAR-CCM, etc). Provide details on the following aspects of your CFD analysis: computational domain, boundary conditions, mesh type, expected results, post-processing tools and Pro’s/Con’s of using CFD as opposed to other methods for this project.
Emails about the assessment
In the past few days, some of you came to ask about the CFD analysis of your assignment. Just to clarify, you are NOT required to use any CFD package to actually simulate your problem. You are asked to investigate the possibility or feasibility of modelling this problem. For example you should draw an appropriate computational domain and indicate the types of boundary conditions you would use. You also need to address any other relevant issues with regard to application of CFD to this problem.
I hope this helps!
In your assignment you were given two formulas for Umax for staggered and inline pins. The staggered formula only works correclty if the normal area at the entrance of the tube bank is NOT the minimum flow area. If it is the minimum flow area then te max velocity will be calculated using the formula for inline pins.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online