ASIO support is to be added to a audio software that currently is using the old MME method to record and playback audio.
* Playback and record simultaneously (full duplex). Playback of up to 2 channels and record of up to 24 channels.
* Sample-accurate synchronization, there must be no delay or a know delay between channels
* Delay between Playback and Record must be the same or possible to calculate
If there is as much as one sample deviation, the project is a failure.
The freelancer are free to choose the method he prefers, but we want to know in advance. We would prefer a DLL (for example the BASSASIO package).
Before accepting a freelancer this project we would like to have a very simple test to demonstrate that it works as expected.
should use the ASIO method/dll/library that you will use for the integration. It should be possible to compile the example in Visual C++ 6.0
or Visual Studio 2008. It should do following:
* Start playback of 2 channels and record a defined number of channels (maximum 24) simultaneously
* Playback a block of data consisting of only zeros except the first sample, which is set to maximum amplitude, thus creating a pulse.
* Write recorded data to file, one file for each channel
To test, we will connect the output to the inputs. Please make the file with the recorded data in a format so it is easy for us to analyze
where the pulse is found in the file.
For an example that does parts of this, please see the LIVEFX example in the BASSASIO package.
The integration of ASIO in our audio software is to be done via VNC on our computer and in Visual C++ 6.0 (or Visual Studio 2008, we have not yet decided). We will connect multichannel sound cards that can be used for testing.
Please contact us if you have any questions.