Development of a simple mobile application for Android devices that combines the functions of an alarm clock and “talking” calendar. The application should be able to synchronize with existing Google Calendar applications on Android and use the in-built Text-To-Speech (TTS) functionality to read out your schedule for the day once the alarm is turned off.
The app is expected to have a simple user friendly interface which includes the following functions:
• Set the alarm clock for a specific time before your first appointment/task for a particular day [e.g. 1 hour/1.5 hours/etc in advance] or enter the time manually.
• Choose the alarm sound between available tunes on your phone or use TTS to read out the current time accompanied by a phrase [e.g. “It is time to wake up” or a personalized message if possible].
• Once the alarm is activated, there should be two options - to snooze it [postpone for 5 minutes] or to turn it off [in this case it proceeds with the next step of reading out loud your schedule for the day].
• Start reading your schedule with a simple phrase [e.g. “Good morning, here is your schedule for today”].
• Read out loud the entries from your Google Calendar application by mentioning both the time and title of each event.
• Utilize the existing Text-To-Speech (TTS) resources of your phone to determine the type, volume, and speed of the voice that provides the Text-To-Speech output.
Note: This application should function on Android versions that support Text-To-Speech output [preferably Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean] and only has to run in English!
• Experience with developing applications for Android
• Knowledge of the Android OS, especially TTS functionality
• Fluency in English
Delivery deadline: Around 10 calender days after the project has been awarded.
This application would only be used for private and noncommercial purposes. If you believe you could complete the task within the specified timeframe and budget, please feel welcomed to place a bid!