I need a simple android application that can mimic the [url removed, login to view] system but with a few changes.
It needs to do the following:
1. Run continuously without crashing for days at a time
2. Run on all android phones and tablets (such as motorola droid, etc)
3. Specify a server URL to post the coordinates to
4. Specify a time interval to update the server (down to 1 second)
5. Know the direction that the device is going (8 point direction, north, northeast, east, eastsouth, south, southwest, west, westnorth) AND 4 point direction (north, east, south, west), and also have the heading in degrees
6. Know the speed the vehicle is going in mph
7. Have a text field for "Vehicle ID" that is easily changed.
8. The URL should be a GET url like this: [url removed, login to view]
9. The program should be able to run in the background
10. Program should have a text box where you can enter a status message that will be sent in the get url.
11. The vehicle ID and status message should stay the same in every GET until it is changed.