We are developing an Android app. For the first part of this project we need to set up a login screen that will interact with our JSON/REST service. The JSON service will only return a single name/value pair indicating whether the username/password combo was correct.
The purpose of this project is to implement JSON communication in an Android app in the form of a login screen.
- Create 2 screens, the login screen and the logged in screen.
- On login button press will post the username and password to a JSON/REST service.
- If the service returns that the username/password is incorrect, display a message and stay on the login screen.
- If the service returns that the username/password is correct, go to the logged in screen. If the remember me checkbox is checked then save the username in the shared preferences.
- On the logged in screen when the log out button is pressed return to the login screen
- Show two labeled text fields, one for the username and one for the password.
- Show a checkbox to remember the username
- Show a login button
Logged In Screen
- Show a textview that says logged in
- Show a log out button that will return to the login screen