Android Video Recorder, Sensor Logger, OBDII Interface
This project received 10 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $686 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
We would like to build an Android application that records data from several sensors, including Bluetooth ELM327 devices for OBDII vehicle diagnostics. There are only two screens in the application.
The main screen shows the view from the primary camera, and features a central, bottom-aligned record button and a link to the second 'Settings' page (lower right). Must be able to operate oriented horizontally or vertically.
On the main screen, when a record button is pressed, the application will log information from:
1) Primary camera (video file)
2) Accelerometer, GPS (text file with timestamp)
3) Bluetooth ELM327 device (text file with timestamp)
The recording will continue indefinitely. When the recording is stopped (by again pressing the record button), the files will be stored to the phone's SD memory card with an incrementing filename ([url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view]).
The settings page will provide the ability to:
1) Pair and select bluetooth ELM327 device
2) Manually type up to five 'OBD2' PIDs to be queried from the ELM327 device
3) Enable/disable ELM327 use
4) Select sample rates for GPS, accelerometer
5) Set video resolution and framerate
Android 4.0 and newer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online