Android app to draw polygon on image
This project was successfully completed by Sargius for $850 USD in 35 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Completed In35 days
Hello, my name is Malcolm.
I am developing a software application to significantly reduce the cost and greenhouse gas emissions from building activities and I need a simple smart phone app to give users access to our software.
I would like a programmer to develop a smart phone app which will enable the user to place a number of lines on an image, save the positions of those lines in a database then continue with another image.
Before placing a bid on this project please read the attached detailed specification and please only bid if you answer yes to each of the questions at the end of this job description. Thank you.
For the purpose of this job description this app is known as Polygon. Polygon will run on an Android (V2.3.4) smart phone (Nexus S) and will give the user the ability to display an image then enclose an object in the image with a number of straight lines.
The Polygon app will differ from existing apps like AndCAD in the way lines are drawn. In the Polygon app an origin is first defined then a line is defined by one point in 2D space where that one point (called the proximal point) is the point on the line closest to the origin. In this way the line can be positioned anywhere in the central part of the screen (except through the origin) by dragging just one point.
A brief description of the sequence of events from the user's point of view is the following:
1. Open existing polygon database or create new polygon database.
2. Define a scale to be used.
3. Display an image on screen.
4. Define the origin in the middle of an object in the image.
5. Create a line on screen.
6. Drag the line's proximal point to position the line.
7. Fix the line in place.
8. Repeat steps 5 to 7.
9. Choose "finish" when the object is enclosed by lines.
10. Name and save the polygon data.
11. Open a saved polygon for editing, create a new polygon by going back to step 3 or finish.
Please refer to the image in the attached detailed spec when following this sequence.
The detailed sequence of events from the user's point of view is in the attached detailed spec.
The database created by Polygon will be a text file with a user-chosen name and an example of its structured is as follows:
Questions (please bid on this project only if you answer yes to each of these question)
1. Can you show me examples of your previous work before I accept a bid?
2. Will you accept payment in two half-payments; the first on delivery of a basic working app which will allow the user to define an origin and move one line on top of an image by creating and dragging the line's proximal point, and the second on delivery of the full working app with all accompanying documentation?
3. Will any existing software packages, libraries, classes, etc. on which the Polygon app is built be open source and freely available for commercial use?
4. Will the programmer assign all intellectual property rights to any software created by the programmer in the development of the Polygon app to my company?
5. Will you provide a detailed synopsis of the Polygon app (what 3rd party software, libraries, routines, etc. are used and how the app works) along with the well-commented code?
6. Will you be able to extend the app in future jobs so that (a) the enclosing polygon is automatically drawn on the image as the lines are being added, (b) the lines can be drawing over a live camera feed, (c) the app can connect to a website to upload the polygon database and (d) the app can be ported to iPhone?
7. Will the Polygon app run on all common Android smart phones?
Thank you and please feel free to ask for clarification on any of the points in this document.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online