Android field test app
This project received 16 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $872 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Hello experienced Android developers!
I'd like to compare cellular antenna/radio performance of several phone models in real field. Thus I'd like to ask you to develop a field test application which have following functionalists (please refer attached requirement document for detail!):
1. Continuously collect various data from phone (time stamp, signal strength, battery voltage, location, orientation, etc) in the background
2. Automatically save the collected data into a database in the phone
3. Upload new data automatically when connected to wifi to a server via REST API in JSON format
4. Capable to export data of specified duration as csv and json file
5. Have two data display views: list view and xy line plot view
6. Menu to start/stop upload&download large file to force cellular data activity
Primal target device is Samsung Galaxy SIII and Galaxy Note II (API level 16). But the app should work with variety of phone models (with different hardware capability). It is nice if the app work with API level 8 (Android 2.2 Froyo).
What I provide as a project manager:
1. Requirement (refer to the attached file)
2. Reward as agreed at start of project (can be separated for milestones)
3. Feedback as the project progress (clarification on requirement, trial of beta and bug report)
What you provide as a developer:
1. Technical advice/corrections to requirement
2. Installation package of the application
3. Source code of the application (appreciate good amount of comments in the source)
4. Instructions how to build app from the source
5. Prepare test web server for testing data upload functionality (and instruction for me so that I can also test)
All the outcome of the project belong to the project manager.
Expectation for project completion is three weeks. First week to clarify requirement and make core functionality alpha build. Second week for beta build for major functionality. Third week for debug, fine tune and completion.
I am a hardware engineer with some experience in software development (mainly Python and PyQt). I will maintain this app after this project has completed so appreciate you include good comments in the code. For the server side, I am thinking to set up a web server based on Python and Django for post-processing, data analysis and data display. But I don't have anything for that at the moment.
Looking forward to your bids!
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online