I am wanting to create an easy to navigate Android application that performs the following functions:
- Organizes a person's coupons in a neat and orderly manner similar to an "Extreme Couponing" excel spreadsheet--manufacturer or store-specific coupon, details of coupon, discount, quantity required, number of coupons in possession, expiration
- Tells the user when certain coupons will expire
- Automatically categorizes coupons into public user-determined categories that I review
- The backend should be 100% user-generated with publisher confirmation; meaning that the user's scan the bar code of their coupons and if it has been scanned in by another user before and all the details populated, then they do not have to do anything else but confirm the details. If it has never been scanned before, then that user must input the details for said coupon. This should be 100% user-driven and in no way should it connect to any third-party applications for confirmation of coupons.
- On the backend, I need to be able to hash through conflicts in an administrative screen of some sort that is only visible to me. Conflicts being two user's picking different "categories" for their coupons or differing details in pricing and such.
- Should be easily searched, scrolled through, and/or navigated.
- The application icon should be as simple as a picture of a bunch of coupons.
- There should be a login system that allows the user to log into their central coupon spreadsheet via multiple devices.
- The colors should be simple, not very bright, but not too dark either; making it easy on the eyes while navigating through it in the stores and such.
- It needs to be usable to scan in coupons on both smaller phones such as the Nexus 4, medium phones such as the Galaxy Note II, as well as larger, tablet-based displays such as the Asus Transformer.
The entire jist of this app is to be able to no longer have to hand-jam coupon information every week into a coupon spreadsheet. The couponers of the world would still be using and maintaining their physical coupons, but they would no longer need to have a spreadsheet to keep track of it all as this app would serve as a viable replacement. To avoid needing to make connections to third-party coupon databases and be dependent on them, I figured making it a user-driven environment would be much better. I am willing to start up a website to host all of this once I am confident in the apps abilities. I want to keep this as simple as possible as this is it's only purpose is to be a coupon spreadsheet/organizer via the scan method. I would also like the Google Ads in there to generate some type of income for me, while at the same time being able to offer the user's a method of in-app purchase to upgrade and remove the advertisements. I know exactly what I want, I just do not have the modern programming skills to develop the app. If you need any other details to make this happen, please let me know. Thanks.