Custom ROM for Android Tablet App
- Status Closed
- Budget N/A
- Total Bids 4
This app will be installed on Android tablets with the sole purpose of signing customer phone numbers for sales leads. This is the only data required. I believe the entire app could be written in Google Apps Script.
It will require a custom ROM (latest stable version of Ice Cream Sandwich) that launches a full screen media player (with no UI) upon the tablet’s startup. It will loop a 4 minute video FULL SCREEN. The devices will be used in a landscape orientation.
- If the screen is touched (anywhere), the video will pause and a full screen UI will launch with small text field for data entry and a back button to cancel and resume the video. If empty, the text field has some grey text e.g.’Type here!’. The text field is positioned over a full screen (still) image background. (The app looks for this background image in a specified folder somewhere on the android, so that it may be changed at a later time). If nobody types in the text field and the screen has not been touched for 30 seconds, the UI disappears and the video resumes.
- When a customer has entered data into the text field and hit SUBMIT the UI disappears and a message box saying “Thank you” appears for 5 seconds, then the video resumes. The data from the text field is sent to a Google spreadsheets via a Google spreadsheets form entry. This data from this new row is then sent to a specified email address.
- The device must be entirely locked i.e. the the app cannot be quit. If the unit is reset, consumers must not be able to access the device’s OS (hence the custom ROM). The video must start automatically upon turning on / resetting the device.
- If a certain ‘password’ is typed into the text field, an ‘admin’ menu appears, and an option to quit the app is within this menu. When the app is quit, the android OS is accessible. For now, this menu will only have two options: to quit the app; to go back and resume video
- The specified folder (where the full screen image comes from) is available from within the android OS once the app is quit. The ‘admin’ will have easy access to this folder i.e. it must not be not hidden, and must be available to apps like dropbox.
- The specified folder (where the full screen image comes from) also contains the video file that is looped. The app looks for the video file here.
- A feature of the custom ROM will be that it if the app not running and the system has remained idle for 3 minutes, it will re-launch the app.
- The app must keep the screen and device awake constantly. The screen must not go to sleep or switch off, nor the device itself. The video loop may run for over 24 hours at a time.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online