Concept for “Pictorial Setup Sheet” Android App
Dan Rorick, 4/25/13 Rev 0.
- See attached example, “51905 Pictorial Setup [url removed, login to view]”
- Currently to create a setup document like the attached, one of our employees follows these steps:
1. Program number is assigned
2. User takes digital camera out to machine where program is being ran, and snaps photos.
3. User goes back to desk, downloads photos to desktop
4. User opens up blank setup document, fills out all information at the top.
5. User copies photos into the word document.
6. User saves the setup document to our archive drive in a folder designated for that program. The folder contains many other support files for that program.
- App should guide user through the following workflow:
1. Create new setup sheet
2. Enter program number, part number, Oper#, Customer, Machine#, and Setup By fields
[url removed, login to view] should be automatic to today’s date
2b. File Name refers to the CNC program file name, and should be left blank for editing later.
3. After all the basic info is entered, open a camera application to take pictures.
3a. Allow user to take as many photos as they like.
3b. After each photo, user should review photo & decide to “use” or “delete”.
3c. Photos should be resolution appropriate to keep the document size around 3MB when containing 10 photos.
3d. After each photo, ask user to input any comments if they want to.
3e. After each photo, ask user if they want to take another photo.
4. If the user chooses not to take any more photos, the app should ask if they want to enter any general comments.
5. After general comments are entered (or skipped), the app should automatically save the document to the device’s SD card.
6. After the document is saved to the SD card, the app should prepare the document to be emailed to an address (to be determined, will not change once set). The app should ask if the user wants to CC any other email addresses and allow them to enter them.
7. The app is intended to make the data entry workflow smoother. It is not intended to review the finished document or edit it. Don’t need any file management aspects of the app.
8. The output should be an editable document. MS Word is preferred but any editable file format that can be used by MS office products is OK.
9. The user interface should be as simple as possible, with large buttons and large text. It is intended to be used by shop floor personnel.
10. I intend to use this app at first on my Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.2. If trial runs go OK, I will want to purchase some Google Nexus 7 wifi-only tablets to run the app on the shop floor.
11. I will set up new Gmail accounts for each device. Emailing should be done over wi-fi that exists at our company. No broadband cell service will be set up for the devices.
Hi there. I've read through everything, and checked out the example doc. This seems like an interesting project, and definitely something I can work with you on. Please see the private message for more.
9 freelancers are bidding on average $734 for this job
Hello,Cloudganga possess creative and expert minds in developing such required applications,please recommend this project to us,we will provide you with excellent output.thank you!!!PMB.
Hello Respected Client, I have Read your requirements and we are very experience in this concept. Please check Message Board for more details. Thank you !