Android App Push Notification using Google Cloud Messaging
- Status Completed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 26
My apologies for Reposting this project. It was an hourly rate project before, but I could not get a clear indication on timeframes for the previous project I posted, and therefore I am using fixed budget.
MAX BUDGET: $ 350. I can push for a bit more if I see a good developer with good feedback.
====== ORIGINAL POST ======
We would like to build a basic Push Notification Application for Android using the Google Cloud Messaging platform.
We are looking for something EXACTLY like the existing app "PushOver". Please look at the Google Play store and look at what exactly "PushOver" does. The only difference is that PushOver is a global service for any push messages. Our application will receive push notifications from one application.
Please do not bid on this project unless you have spent at least 2 minutes looking at the Google Play page with the screenshots of that app.
Work that needs to be done:
- It must have a sign-up page, exactly like PushOver. We will provide you with an API that will respond in JSON. API could respond with things like "user exists, password too short", things like that. Exact details will be provided.
- It must have a login screen: email and password. Again an JSON API on the web will be provided to you. API could respond with "user not found, wrong login details" and the app must handle that. PLEASE NOTE: Login information must be remembered. You do *not* have to use Google Account Services. It is acceptable if you store the details in the filesystem.
- It must have a Settings page. The settings page must take care of 3 things:
1. It must ask the user how many messages he would like to download at a time, exactly like PushOver
2. It must have a "Register this device for push notifications" button. This will make an API call to the main server and send the Google Cloud Messages device key. This will allow us to know where to send messages to.
2. A logout button.
- The main screen of the app will simply contain the latest list of messages. Again, please refer to the main screen of "PushOver" on google play. It is a scrollable list which can be clicked.
- The application must be able to listen and receive push notifications exactly as per the Google Cloud Messages document. The payload will be sent in the message and will contain two pieces of data
1. The message itself
2. A URL that you can click. When the user clicks the scrollable list in the main view, a browser must open with the url passed in the PushMessage.
- This must be a native android application, not phonegap.
- The developer keys and ID's required for Google Cloud Messaging will be provided to you.
- The full android source code and project files should be supplied.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online