Xamarin mobile project for event alert, bluetooth device data retrieval.
We have existing mobile application that is developed in java and xcode , we would like to unify the code base by using an abstraction layer like xamarin.
The app itself if fairly simple
consists of 2 screens/activites
- mainform that PullToRefresh control that lists upcomming events that are pulled from an ical compatible feed from a website
- settings screen where you can configure username/password, url and a few other things
main logic audible alert when the event is about to happen as well as a postpone functionality
all in all very similar to most calendar apps, except we do not have any calendar functionality implemented in the native apps.
I will provide the full app and the full sources to relevant candidates in a private message.
I am NOT:
- interested in communicating with a projectmanager or a sales person.
- interested in a senior developer fronting other junior developers that is actually doing the work.
- interested in communicating via a shared "company" team account, only personal skype ids please.
- looking for someone that is timeslicing on all kinds of other projects.
- only interested in communicating directly with the end developer.
- only interested in talking to the actual end developer that is supposed to be typing the keyboard on my projects.
- looking for a "remote freelancer, hired long term" that will be a remote part of my team.
Online Interview Breakdown:
To be able to hire you, I need to see how you work on your screen/computer live (screen sharing) during an audio conversation.
This is a personal evaluation not a team assignment, so please do not invite your colleagues to help you.
(I am not looking for developers who only will do IM chats)
1. Introduction (5 minutes)
2. Live problem solving (10 minutes - no googling).
I am going to ask you to solve some puzzles that are logical in nature, and represents how good you are at finding patterns.
3. Pen/paper (notepad) programming challenges (20 minutes - no googling).
Starting simple moving to more complex, these challenges are designed to test how you solve problems and do routine flows in code.
The solutions do not depend on you knowing all available functions in any given programming language - although knowing a few functions by heart helps.
All solutions are maximum 3-6 lines of code (if done right).
I might ask you to test your code in a IDE.
4. Specific framework coding challenges, this tests your knowledge in a specific framework (20 minutes)
(this is not being able to now all API but heart, but more if you have experience enough in the framework so you can do standard operations, best practices, googling is allowed ...)
5. Q/A - if you have any questions (5-10 minutes)
(please put "You MUST" in front of all the below lines until you get to the "Nice to have skills section")
- have a fast internet connection that allows for full screen sharing/collaboration
- have a headset for audio chatting on skype or other means
- must speak english well enough to be comfortable communicating on Skype via voice chat