add features to android Taboo game
This project received 9 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $920 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
i have this game in Google play: [url removed, login to view]
which i want to have the following features and fixes (might be finding another bug/feature or two):
1) Expand on the rules. I noticed the link to Wikipedia but in app would be more convenient. Grey areas like noises as hints, use of words in other languages, and acceptability of word variations i.e. teach and taught, there are a few others we ran into that could also it's clarification. The added suggestions of penalties would help distinguish this Taboo app.
2) Too many times someone pressed Home and unintentionally ended the game bc the score was lost. An automatic back up on escape for possible continuations later would relieve this annoyance.
3) There are all-stars and there are unwanteds. To have a fair team we ended up choosing numbers from a hat. An random team generator would fix this.
4) The possibility of multiple teams is also something that would be an easy addition and address a possible desire.
5) Explain what the heck the rounds mean. It felt like they ended at random numbers and no one knew what the circles at the bottom of the home meant. Maybe this fits under 1.
6) Allow a person to set the number of points to play to with the possibility of a win-by-2 type setting.
7) There was confusion at the beginning once time ended. If you clicked somewhere else on the screen that pop up disappeared. We continually messed up the score by adding points even after the turn was up. That should be blocked. And it should be harder to close the pop up. Instead of "mark" have actual taboo or guessed buttons on the pop up.
8) The 10 second buzzer count down was horrible and intimidating. It would be nice to control the tone and when it starts. Personally, I would prefer a single soft tone at 5 seconds to warn the end is near.
9) Allow personalization of the scoring I.e. a skip did nothing, takes away a point, or adds a point to the other team. Something like this.
10) THE MOST IMPORTANT: Shuffle the dang deck based on past occurrences. For every 1000 cards guessed or tabbooed, there should only be 1 occurrence. People would go and then the next team would go and draw the same word. If we went back to shuffle the cards, the game would be lost (see 2). That caused the greatest amount of dissatisfaction with the purchase and had me looking up refund policies.
the developer must know how to maintain a good looking UI and preferable someone that can even make it look a bit better
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online