We are a leading financial news and research organization seeking a mobile development partner to develop a unique mobile web app for our readers. This web app will be accessed using the mobile browser rather than from an app store (similar in functionality to the Financial Times iPad and iPhone web apps). We would also like to develop a mobile site with similar features to the web app for Smartphones and tablet devices.
We require the following:
1. iPhone web app (accessible from mobile browser)
2. Smartphone HTML5 mobile site
3. iPad web app (accessible from mobile browser)
4. Tablet HTML5 mobile site
The following provides the details of the features and requirements that are currently envisioned for our mobile web apps and mobile site. We are open to recommendations based on your expertise.
Content integration, with the following features being the focus:
a. Stock research tools
b. Real-time charts and quotes
e. Client TV videos
f. Education/training section
g. My Stock Lists
- Utilize OS-specific opportunities to create an engaging and intuitive mobile user interface.
- Integrate with ad management and ad serving technology like DoubleClick DART.
- Include a persistent shopping cart that syncs web to mobile and mobile to web.
- Present content appropriate keyboards for Text, Telephone, URL, Email, and Zip Code field types.
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ integration.
- Offline Access mode for articles.
- We use Omniture SiteCatalyst and Discover for tracking and reporting. Please indicate your experience with integrating tracking/reporting within mobile sites/apps.
- Using a common code base across mobile web platforms.
- All code and content relating to the mobile site/app must reside on our server environment.
- All code will be owned by us.
Once we gain an understanding of your experience, we are happy to share much more information.