Design Mobile Access for a Resort
- Status Closed
- Budget N/A
- Total Bids 2
Mobile Access for a large Holiday Resort Complex
You have been asked to prepare a feasibility study and an initial design to enable a large Holiday Resort Complex located on a small island in the Indian Ocean to utilise mobile technologies to improve the resort’s efficiency and provide electronic services for the guests.
The island and resort are exclusively owned by the shipping company - Island Cruise. Every Saturday the Island Cruise ship – Odysseus – calls at the island bringing guests to stay at the resort and weekly supplies from the mainland.
The complex consists of a storehouse to supply the complex and an administrative building – both of which are sited some distance from the main complex. The main complex consists of three bars, two restaurants, two swimming pools, a small gymnasium, a heath and beauty centre and a small shop catering for the guests. The guests are accommodated in three hundred and fifty detached chalets dispersed over the island.
The resort’s management have identified several key areas where they would like to see benefits from the proposed system.
• Baggage processing of guest’s luggage (ship/chalet - chalet/ship).
• Check in times (currently large numbers of guests disembark at the same time, causing long delays at check in to the resort).
• An automated tally system of guest’s consumables i.e. drinks, meals, snacks etc. (currently guests sign for their consumables using a paper chit system).
There are four categories of user: -
• Resort guests
• Resort managers – e.g. facilities, entrainment, staffing, resources etc.
• Resort staff – i.e. the staff required to cater for the guests needs such as bar staff, chefs, waiters, porters, chamber maids etc
• Administrative staff who look after accounts, stock, billing etcGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online