Develop simple map-based iPhone app
This project received 33 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $806 AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 AUD
I am looking to develop a simple iPhone application called 'foodee', based on the prototype website I've built at [url removed, login to view]
In this project, I'm only looking to build about the first 20% of features for the app. If I'm happy with the outcome of the project, I expect more work for the developer.
I'd like the following built:
- A starting login screen, with only a 'login' button. This would use facebook authentication to either a) login to an existing foodee account by searching via facebook_id or b) creating a new foodee account.
- Load into a map that displays restaurants that have been reviewed by a users friends. The list of restaurants can be fetched from [url removed, login to view] via an API.
- A user can click on a restaurant to see restaurant details - these details can also be fetched via the foodee API.
A mockup of the project can be seen here: [url removed, login to view]
- Screen 1. This is the facebook login screen seen at start up.
- Screen 2. Centers on current user location and shows restaurants. Restaurants are shaded blue if they haven't been reviewed by the logged in user, or grey if they have been reviewed by the user. The search bar at the top does not need to be functioning in this first version.
- Screen 3. When a restaurant marker is tapped by the user, it pops up with the restaurants name.
- Screen 4. When a user clicks the '>' on the restaurant marker, it shows restaurant details, with links to call the restaurant, go to the website, get directions from current location. It also shows friends' reviews, and images. Note that images are not shown on the mockup. All of these details can be received via API
None of the bottom tabs in the mockups would need to be working.
Familiarity with Ruby on Rails would be a massive plus, but not required. [url removed, login to view] is written in Ruby on Rails, and it would be preferable for the winning developer to be able to tweak the API to suit the needs of the iPhone app.
Note that given this is only a tiny portion of a more complete app, I am targeting a small budget. I would expect to pay ~ $1,000 - $1,500 to develop a polished, fully functioning app (with news feed, review button, text based restaurant search, adding and removing friends, and editing profile details).
No graphic design will be provided. Developer should used standard apple interface elements as a starting point.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online