Convert Windows Mobile 6 app to Mobile 7
- Status Closed
- Budget N/A
- Total Bids 4
We have a Windows Mobile 6 application that our clients use in combination with our webbased software. Now these clients want to upgrade to Windows Mobile 7,
so we need that our mobile application also runs under Windows 7. I don't know if Windows Mobile 7 is backwards compatible and if it should run the Windows Mobile 6
application by default. We are looking for a freelancer who can port our Windows 6 Mobile application to a Windows Mobile 7 application. If that's not possible then
we like that you built the same application from scratch but then for Windows Mobile 7.
The application is not very big or complicated. We have employers ( data collectors ) that visit physical shops/stores. The goal of the visit is to
fill in a questionnaire that we have created for them on our webapplication. Every morning ( for example ) the collector can synchronize his Windows Mobile device
with our SOAP server running on the webbased environment. The synchronizing process will do the following tasks ( all by communicating to the SOAP server ):
- Retrieve ( via SOAP ) the scheduled visits ( stores the collector has to visit ) and save them on the mobile device as XML
- Get the questionnaires that the collector needs to fill in during his visits and store those locally on the mobile device as XML
- Send filled in questionnaires (as XML) back to the server ( our webapplication )
As you can see the mobile app is pretty basic and I think we like to keep it like that. Of course the mobile app supports a few more functions:
- Possiblity to fillin a questionnaire
- Possiblity to save a questionnaire ( filled in questionnaires are being stored on the mobile device as XML )
- Possiblity to exchange messages with 'users/administrators' from the webapplication
- Possiblity to see planned visits
- Get information about the store he needs to visit
All these functionalities are already in the Windows Mobile 6 application that we already have. Now we only need this to be available for Windows Mobile 7 also.
If you can help us, contact me.
NickGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online