I would like to get an iPhone and Android App developed for my neighbourhood community centre. It should be a fairly straightforward app that will contain listings of restaurants, shops and services in the neighbourhoods in my area.
I have a set of XML feeds and APIs that a local listings website has agreed to share with me. Here's what I think the app should do:
Display the data that is pulled from the feeds:
- By area / neighbourhood, by cuisine and other existing database parameters
- Locate these on a google map as pins
- List establishment close by (based on database)
- List establishment close by (based on google map search)
- Search for listings in the database
- When a particular listing is clicked on, it will lead to a detail page of the establishment, which will contain
the complete listing
- Some other data relating to the establishment pulled from the feed
- User comment or reviews on the detail page.
- Upload a picture on to the detail page. (after approval).
- Typical social sharing and open ID login
- Time and weather on home page (maybe with some clever stuff I can think up).