App for iPhone + Android: Use Yahoo, CBS, and ESPN API's to create a data-aggregation and display app - repost
This project was awarded to divyamnpll for $400 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
1) We need iphone/android app (development, not design) with functional screens and user/admin data structures, made with Titanium or similar framework.
2) Contractor is expected to commit daily code updates in github, be extremely familiar with github, produce commented+readable code, and produce elegant object oriented code.
3) Contractor must send daily email updates and meet online every other day for group review + every two weeks for formal milestone assessment. Because of past difficulties with communications between our project managers and outsourced workers, anytime that a contractor is late or absent for a scheduled meeting without 48 hours prior notice, the project will be terminated immediately.
4) This app depends upon 3 major, well curated, JSON API's - if you do not have extensive experience pulling from public API's to populate smartphone apps, please do not apply. On the other hand, if you are skilled in drawing API data into smartphone apps, this project will be extremely simple and straightforward for you. Wireframes and data display are already available and no additional graphic design is required from the contractor.
The project budget is $500, non-negotiable.
Our quantitative analysts create numerical projections and probabilities (creating graphs and presentations) based on sports results. We would like to use "fantasy sports" data available through the Yahoo, ESPN, and CBS Sports REST API's to bring realtime data to our iOS and Android users. You will be creating apps for the Google Play and Apple Stores. We are open to native coding (C# and Java) or the use of frameworks (Phonegap or Titanium, for example). There is an emphasis on development - our designers will work with you in the later stages to slice and place .psd files to improve your visuals. Our UX designer will work with you to minimize the number of user screens and menu elements - your work will be mostly confined to the backend, with a few supporting screens.
The ideal coder is a meticulous worker (well-abstracted code, commented code) and an excellent communicator (daily check-ins).
This posting is for part I of the work:
-early proof of concepts (showing the API's support all of our queries)
-most of the back-end coding (bringing our current projections and algorithms into the app)
-basic interface (not including user menus, navigation, etc.)
If we see excellent work, we would be happy to engage you for further work on part II and part III of the project (final backend development, full UX/user menus and prefs, Q/A + user testing).
Please also list your qualifications and price. Pay is based on experience, speed, and quality!
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online