I have an iPhone game written in objective-C using an older version of cocos2d. It needs to have code changed to support iPad (game code is easy and will basically be little more than a copy/paste of a “IPad CCP” macro) which will detect which device and change position accordingly.
See link to macro at bottom of this document.
The old version of cocos2d and older style of app controller/app delegate startup code needs to be fixed because the version of cocos2d it is currently using was prior to iPad support and has no functionality like the CCFileUtils class to set HD and iPad and iPad HD images, etc.
Summary of what is required.
1. Get game working with current 2.1 release of cocos2d, and compiling without errors.
2. Change appropriate code in View Controller/App delegate code so it compiles cleanly with new Cocos2d and retains all existing functionality. In some cases old code calls will need to be converted to new code calls. The correct view controller calls need to be upgraded to the current ones, etc.
3. The current platform targets IOS 3.0, but all code should be changed to target IOS 5.0 as a minimum.
4. It currently supports only the iPhone. In order to support HD graphics, and iPad in normal and HD the code needs to be updated. Please make all relevant changes to the view and startup code to achieve this.
e.g. [url removed, login to view] - regular iphone devices
[url removed, login to view] - retina iphones
[url removed, login to view] - iPad devices
[url removed, login to view] - iPad retina devices.
No new graphics need to be supplied. However the changes must be sufficient so that hd images and iPad images will work if they are added to the game with the right naming.
5. You will need need to change the game to handle iPad mode. At the moment all positioning of sprites, etc is “hard coded” for iPhone.
iPad “test” graphics will be supplied for you and this should be a simple change using the macros on this page
[url removed, login to view]
Specifically you would make all CCP and other position changes (current hard coded for iPhone) to use a CCP_IPAD macro.
This should be little more than a copy and paste exercise once you have added the macros.
The game is very small with almost all functionality (outside of initial startup in app delegate) handled in one class.
So it should be easy to do.
6. It’s probably obvious in #5 above, but this needs to be turned into a Universal app.
NOTE: The game compiles and plays just fine in XCode 4.6.3 or 5.0 right now, but needs the changes above to work with the newest cocos2d, and to target IOS 5.0 and above.
I have more project work coming up and am looking to work with cocos2d experts for these projects.
12 freelancers are bidding on average $273 for this job
Hi, I've read your job description and I'm very much interested in the project. We can make the work perfect for you.Please look at PMB for more details. Regards! Amar