The aim of the app is to allow users to share a car. Therefore, the users of the app are either drivers or passengers.
The prototype is done for iOS, but now I need to make it "work"!. This is what I need:
- Choosing/creating a database that allows to play with geographical data (GIS?).
- Storing users information in the database as Name/E-mail/Password/Tel number/Picture, etc. and retrieve it every time the user logs in. A complete list of the information needed will be provided.
- Implement a matching algorithm to find drivers/passengers doing similar trips. The logics of the algorithm are done, but it has to be technically implemented.
- Storing the trip information inputed by the user. This trip info would have to be accessible by the matching algorithm in order for it to work.
- Real time tracking of drivers, with restrictions (I want the passengers to be able to see the driver arriving in real time - therefore, the location of the drivers has to be shared ONLY with the passengers he is going to pick up, and ONLY a few minutes before the meeting time).
- Implement a system of micro-payments between users (the passenger will pay a fee to the driver for each trip, via the app). I am thinking bank transfer, pay pal, credit card...? Don't know which one of these options is the best for the user.