Develop iOS App from Android App "Wild Animal Guide"
This project received 64 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $919 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
The job is to develop an iOS version for iphone/ipad of an existing android app. Please see the detailed requirements here
iOS Version of Wildanimal App (German „Tierführer“)
Description in English
The wild animal app contains a lot of information about wild animals living in Germany and greater Europe. From animal pictures, tracks, descriptions of behavior and living conditions to latin names. This app is perfect for everybody who wants to understand a bit more from Nature. The app is continuously improved and enriched with more information.
The app will be in German and shall have the opportunity to be translated in other languages (e.g. by providing xml language pack functionality. So during development we can use the English language pack and exchange it with the German version before releasing it.
This is the app:
[url removed, login to view]
And there is a free test version with less functionality under:
[url removed, login to view]
You are bidding to create both the full version and testversion. The test version is limited very easily by just offering a couple of animals to look into. Every other function is just banned and refers to the app store to buy the full version.
I will supply you with all graphics and source code from Android version. Please include in your bid any changes that might be done to adapt graphics to iOS.
I will also supply you with the sqlite database where all information is stored in.
I would appreciate if the design of the app looks very similar to the android version, but I am very open to adaptations to the iOS/iphone user interface in order to make development simple. So please do not just copy 1:1 but also think what the best ways of implementations are on iOS.
Basic functions of the app
• List of animal categories, with expandable list function (see e.g Gänse (=geese) Sortable animal list according to six different criteria
• Display of animal details which includes a list of text fields (some expandable) and a zoomable animal picture
• Full Text Search, also showing the searched string in the search result
• Grouping animals by categories
• Sorting animal list by 6 different variables in database
• Tracks dialog (static) showing pictures of animal tracks and you can click yourself through a dialogue to find the animal that a track belongs to Info screen
• All information is stored in a local sqlite database. There is the function to be able to upload that database from a server by a simple download of the sqlite file. The database contains only text. Images are stored separately in the app.
• Settings – you can select different font sizes and there is a mode that you can activate and deactivate and depending on the state more or less information is shown in the animal details.
the app shall run on iOS phones and tablets, it shall also serve high resolution displays
it shall be tiltable
the whole source code belongs after the full payment to the buyer/customer
Improvement iterations until we have a stable application which is according to the specification.
Please include basic transformation and design of buttons and images that I send to you, also optimizing them for different devices (tablet, smartphones, high resolution displays,…)
The program needs to be able to deal with German special characters: ä,ü,ö,ß
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online