For background on what I want, please check out these 2 companies:
1. ShopKick ([url removed, login to view])- uses high frequency sound to detect when people enter the store. The sound is played using a speaker near the door.
2. Zoosh ([url removed, login to view]) - uses the same high frequency sound to identify one device and connect it to another. In this case, the phone emits the sound which is "heard" by the POS.
The sound is a high pitch tune that humans or pets cannot hear, but the sound can be picked up by a smartphone microphone. My use case is exactly like the ZOOSH video and not shopkick. Shopkick is just to give you more information on the subject.
What I need:
1. The technology to be used. I have app developers, how do my app developers make use of this technology?
2. I need someone who understands this field and can tell me the restrictions. How much data can be stored through sound waves? is there a limit?
3. I need a very basic test app:
Application A: I type in a numerical code, it then broadcasts that signal through my speakers (this can be a simple web app or mobile app)
Application B: Installed in either android or iOS (your choice) which will listen for that signal and display the number on screen.
I DO NOT need you to design the hardware speakers or anything physical.
In your message please let me know how you plan to do this. Just giving me your porftfolio and telling me you have made lots of apps will not work
9 freelancers are bidding on average $746 for this job
hi, i have great expertise in iPhone and all the other mobile platform also. and also i manage a big team of mobile developers. pls see the pmb. thanks