Instructional App & UI for Android and iPad tablets
This project received 42 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $16 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$8 - $15 USD / hour
We are looking for someone to create / design an application for use on Android and iPad devices.
Our company cleans provides preventive maintenance services on appliances. We currently use written time cards, service reports, instructional handbooks and written troubleshooting guides for our employees on job sites. We would like to convert all of this into a timed, step-by-step application for use on tablets. The application might be somewhat complex as we would like to include the following features:
- input employee ID # to unlock device
- select a job site by inputting a "restaurant ID # code (we will need to be able to easily update the job site database somehow)
- selecting a job site tells the device which type of restaurant equipment they will be servicing and any historic notes of importance, as well as after-hours access information for that specific location
- the employee will then clock in to start a job
- the tablet will sit on the counter inside the restaurant and display the proper service steps to proceed through the job
- only a few steps will be shown on the screen a time and the employees will need to touch "next" to proceed to the next batch of steps (meanwhile, a timer needs to be going and recording the total time and the amount of time between each batch of steps)
- if an employee encounters an issue with a particular step, there needs to be a troubleshooting icon next to the step that will pull more detailed data for that step (along with possible pictures or videos) to help them complete the step and move on to the next step
- some steps will need to instruct them to take a picture using the device
- each step will need an icon that will allow them to manually enter notes for that step if needed
- once the job is complete, the employee will need to clock out
- once the clock out is complete the app will need to create a "Service Report" containing all the data collected through out the job (location info, times between steps, clock in, clock out, all pictures taken, any notes, etc.)
- parts of the job report such as notes will need to be modifiable in the event something gets forgotten and the employee needs to go back into the job to re-enter anything
- the device needs to let them save the final Service Report into a PDF and be easily be sent the next time the device is connected to a WIFI signal
We are not familiar with the full scale of a project like this so please let us know what types of data and in what format you will need for the different pieces so we can upload example files for your review.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online