Math Game for Android and iOS
- Status Closed
- Budget $15 - $25 AUD / hour
- Total Bids 39
Back in the 80s, a computer game called Funnels and Buckets was created and was very popular. However, to my knowledge, no such game exists for mobile phones. I would like to make a mobile version of this game that works on both Android and iOS (iPhone and iPad).
Here's the open source project that has the Java code that works on a computer: [url removed, login to view]
And here's a YouTube video of the game: [url removed, login to view]
I would like to make a mobile friendly version of this game that works in landscape mode to cater for the width of the funnels and buckets. It needs to be aesthetically appealing (not like the DOS graphics in the original game), but it doesn't need to be 3D. Simple flat designs with a basic colour palette will work best. The focus needs to be on smooth graphics, so the user should see each math equation falling smoothly from the funnel into the bucket, not moving down line per line, if you understand the difference here. Appealing graphics like "Words with Friends" would be good to use as a guideline.
- basic colours, simple colour palette. 3D not required, but if you have suggestions, show me.
- smooth graphics
- basic sound effects for events, e.g. a sound when an equation hits a bucket.
- fading effects for screen transitions and message boxes.
- A space on the screen for a keypad so the user can enter their answers. This could be on the left or right, or on the bottom of the screen. Please send me samples of your design of this so we can decide on what works best from a usability perspective.
- I would like this game to have multiplayer functionality, so for example, two users could compete with each other at the same level of difficulty, and the game would have an independent timer on each player's phone to check the response time of both players, and based on this, the player with the shortest overall response time will win. If this is too difficult to implement in the first version, we can add it later, but I would prefer if this is part of the initial version.
- the name of the game can be Bucket Maths for now. We will decide on a better name in future. This is to avoid any copyright infringement of the original game's name.
I will retain all rights to the game, source code, graphics and sounds, and I will be given full control over every aspect of the project. The game will be released under a company name that I specify to you.
You must contact me and show evidence of prior experience with game development on Android and iOS. You will need to rigorously test the game on actual phones to ensure there are no usability problems. You must send me versions to test on my phones (Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4) so I can verify that there are no problems before publishing the game on the Play Store and App Store.
Throughout this project, we will communicate via email, phone, and Skype if necessary.
The project duration is not fixed, but I would appreciate a sense of urgency. If the first version of this game can be released before Christmas 2013, it would be great. The hourly rate will be negotiated once I contact you.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online