Mobile Dating App on iPhone and iPad
This project received 10 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1945 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
[A] Description of the Project:
To develop a social media app based on the FriendsAround ([url removed, login to view]) model. The app should be usable in both iPhone and iPad and be compiled into a single app. There will be 3 language interfaces namely English, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese but the data will be mixed, meaning that people will see Chinese characters even if they're using the English interface, and vice versa.
Flexibility and scalability is crucial.
1) To provide server side and application on iPhone/iPad
2) Admin web interface
3) Based on the FriendAround iPhone app but we'll provide our own design layout
4) Provide a low level design document for approval before starting the work
5) Full documentation of the code
[C] Functions of the App:
1) The app should be written with flexibility and scalability in mind so that there are rooms for further enhancements (e.g. virtual money)
2) We can accept open source code which can run on LAMP for the server side
3) We will provide graphic and screen design, and multilingual translation
4) All existing functions in FriendsAround
- Registration/login/logut/setting / push notification
- Status update with location info
- Follow, private message (just like Twitter)
- Explore and find people around the area (with specified radius using GPS): map view + list view
- Chatting (can use Jabber)
- Profile with photo upload
- Match people based in profile with different criteria, e.g. age, location co-ordinates
- Use JSON for server and app communication
[D] Development Schedule (Hong Kong time GMT+8):
Nov 15: Project kick off
Dec 15: Completion of UAT and submit to Apple for approval
*** please submit your detailed project schedule based on the above one-month development timeframe
[E] Payment Schedule:
10% to be paid when we kick start the project
10% to be paid upon submission of a first review with full functionality
20% to be paid upon completion of all development and submission for UAT (iPhone/iPad app + web services / web admin interface)
20% to be paid upon completion of UAT
20% to be paid upon the app being approved, live in App Store and submission of full source code and documentation
20% to be paid one month after the app is online and all bugs fixed
1. We will own the code.
2. The architecture must allow for future addition of new APIs.
3. Depending on the quality of work, we might come back for further future development of this project since we are looking for a long term relationship with a professional developer / team for this project and some other projects.
4. Please send example of your previous iPhone/iPad work
5. The source code should be well documented
6. The app should support latest iOS functionalities such as multitasking
7. The system design should be flexibile for easy extension to other mobile OS such as Android and Symbian. We aim at extending the service to other mobile OS very soon
7. All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under Hong Kong copyright law. We will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased through this outsourcing
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online