Looking to build a mobile application for surfers that will:
- allow users to place surf spots via selected criteria (beach direction, best wind, crowds, dangers, best swell, places to stay, places to drink), and add pictures to the spot.
- all spots referenced via Google Maps mashup
- pick up publicly available surf reports from applicable websites (current swell level, wind, weather and for 5 day window) and recommend best spots to go to by matching the report with the existing spots.
- able to take existing guidebooks and add the surf spots in those guidebooks to the user's app (assume that all guidebooks can be in a set format for uploading)
- able to charge for those guidebooks (Paypal only at this point)
- user information is to be stored in cloud server
- ability of users to select a section of data to be saved on their phone to be used when no mobile data reception
For iOS and Android.