The app must be coded and written exclusively for mobile devices iOS and Android The preferred technology to enable the application has been identified as PhoneGap.
The basic functionality the app must enable is:
1) Identify an incoming user based on a query string
2) Prompt for a unique passcode sent to the user to validate identity
3) Identify the user device
4) Compare the device specifications to the minimum required specifications
5)Locate the user via aGPS
6) Guide the user to take photos of their residence based on categories
7) We estimate that the rough number of categories will be 8
8) Multiple pictures may be captured per category
9) Determine the direction the user is facing from the compass at the time of capture (if available)
10) Format / resize the photos to the hard coded specification
The photos should be formatted to 1200x900 pixels in lightly compressed JPG format
11) Store the formatted photos until the user has completed the process
As many as 50 photos may need to be stored during the process
12) The photos will need to remain accessible to the application if the user is forced to end the application prematurely
13) The photos should be indexed so that the app can tag the time, direction, and location to each of the unique photographs taken
14) Validate when the user is within range of a Wifi signal
15) Upload the stored photos when Wifi is in range
16) Confirm to the user the upload was successful
There will be a server with the ability to accept HTTP POST actions that will upload the files. The application itself will be delivered via the WWAN, but the upload is limited to Wifi because of the size of the photos. It is likely that an option to upload via WWAN will introduce a poor user experience because of the lengthy amount of time needed to upload many photos at the required resolution.
**Please provide your portfolio with relevant examples if you are submitting a proposal.