Prototype iPhone & iPad App to detect Proximity using Bluetooth - repost
This project received 10 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $428 CAD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$100 - $250 CAD
This is a basic PROTOTYPE App for a Research project and will require an experienced iPhone App developer with solid knowledge of Blueotooth technology, networking, connectivity and using iOS Frameworks such as CoreBluetooth, GameKit, etc for this project. The developer must have experience in creating iPhone and iPad Apps in iOS5 and iOS6. PLEASE ONLY BID IF YOU HAVE WORKED WITH BLUETOOTH BEFORE.
The main purpose is to create a Prototype version of an iPad App which can connect and detect multiple iPad/iPhones running the same App to show proximity and distance from each other. The App is looking for simple design and focus is not UI, graphics and screens. However, there is more complex-level Objective-C and Networking programming required for this to work. In simplicity, it could be done with 2-3 screens to show this concept works. For an experienced developer whose done this before and aware of iOS Frameworks that can be used, this should not take more than 5 - 7 days.
1. Create an iPhone/iPad App which will detect the nearby iPhones and iPads (running the same App) and show their proximity using Bluetooth.
2. The App should first detect and prompt user if Bluetooth is turned off and take user to Settings so it can be turned on.
3. The App should show the nearby iPhone/iPad users with unique name or id.
4. The App should show list of Bluetooth connected users in a list with their name/id (unique identifier) and approximate distance. The distance needs to primarily show how close and far other devices are.
5. The List should sort connected users with nearest ones first.
6. As one of the users comes closer, it should move that user up in the list so the list is showing dynamic.
7. Additional requirement is for the App to detect other Android and Blackberry Phones which have Bluetooth on them. This will be a nice to have.
1. You should be experienced in working with Bluetooth and have developed an iPhone/iPad or Android App using Bluetooth.
2. You should be able to respond to me within 24 hours over email or instance message.
3. You should be able to dedicate yourself to complete this project within agreed time and maximum 5-7 days.
4. You will provide me the App using your provisioning profile or TestFlight so I can test it myself before I accept the App,
5. At the completion of project, XCode project file will be provided and all code will be transferred over to me.
Note...... this is a large project in its early stages. Successful bidder and the one who can complete this first Prototype will be considered for future work with Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and additional features of this research project.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online