My applogies to those who inquired earlier, off-site work took my attention away. I am back and would like to wrap this project up before the end of the year.
We are an automotive test facility; we currently have an internally developed Windows Mobile 5/6 application for controlling our SoMat eDAQ data loggers. We have the source code and are currently seeking a contractor to re-write the application to be compatible with newer technology such as Android, iOS, and/or HTML5. Our design target is a 7” Tablet such as the Google Nexus although we would like to have the ability to run on smart phones or 10” tablets as well. Code should be documented.
Here is an overview of the current functionality:
• Current App runs on Dell Axim PDA, Win mobile 5/6
• App Sends HTTP commands to our SoMat eDAQ Data Loggers
• Our Data Loggers have a webserver and respond to HTTP commands (We have the API)
• Operator input configuration window to define unique test variables such as project number, test configuration, operator…
• User selects test events to be performed from a pick list (List is currently defined in an XML file)
• App Keeps a record of “successful” or “unsuccessfully” test passes in a CSV log file and on the display
In addition to recreating our current functions, we have some additional functionality we would like to have incorporated. These may be more advanced and may be evaluated on a per-item basis:
• GPS speed displayed with tenth of mile per hour resolution, polled from smart device internal GPS
• Upload data from data logger based on “successful” runs only. (API defines how to initiate a parsed upload with HTTP command)
• Allow user to pick several Data Channels from data logger to display on screen. (API defines how to parse streaming data from data logger)
• Potential for user to choose, move or resize graphical components on the screen
A slide show is attached showing the current application and the last screen shows a concept of the new layout on a tablet.
35 freelancers are bidding on average $2975 for this job
Dear sir. I have many experiences about mobile apps and games. You can guess my skill after check my portfolio. Let's discuss in detail via interview. Best regards. Huiming