Simple mobile app - form to send data to back office
This project received 29 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $701 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Customer: a lumber company
We are looking for someone who can create an easy to use and clean looking mobile applications that can send data as filled in by truck drivers when transporting lumber.
Currently my customer has truck drivers send text messages or emails to the back office. When the wood is loaded onto the truck, drivers state some data to the back office on what wood they are transporting.
Data includes eg. the amount of wood, the kind of wood, Wood Stack ID, location, destination. Also some data from the driver himself, like name and company is also stated.
Problem is that text messages or emails are sometimes incomplete.
Now the lumber company needs a very simple mobile app that:
- Enables drivers to enter data fast and easily
- states defaults, eg driver name and current date/time
- sends the data to the back office. Backoffice still expects email. Server side (DB) might be necessary.
- when no internet is available, it stores the data and sends it when internet does come available (never loses data!)
- shows the lumber company's logo
- shows when the data was delivered correctly
and also might
- add GPS data
- have an option to avoid data roaming
Example emails are available to view.
Preferred platforms (in order of preference):
- iOs (iphone)
But preferrably all are supported (Blackberry was not mentioned)
Questions to be answered in your reply
- What is the best solution (eg. app sends email with data automatically, data is sent to DB-server which sends email.
- How to develop? (separate native apps, HTML5, mobile website?)
- Review business requirements working with other team members
- Perform a technical analysis of requirements
- propose the best technical solution and produce a complete, solid, detailed technical design
- Set up a bief functional description
- Make a simple, but nice graphic design
- Write clean, modular, robust, well tested code to implement the desired requirements with little or no supervision
- Work with the QA and Customer Support teams to triage and fix bugs with rapid turnaround
- Contribute ideas for making the application better and easier to use
- Help distribute the app among drivers (app store, google play or differently)
- Programming languages: iPhone/iOS, Android, Java, HTML, CSS, Objective-C
- A work style that is extremely detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
Budget is Only $300-$475..
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online