In this project, you'll update an existing iPhone app for a VoIP service. This is an easy job.
1) Switch out old screen images (5 screens) with new ones and change the service name where applicable. We have changed the name of our service and need to update all images and manifest text for the app. The images are all ready to go; they just need to be switched out. If possible, we'd like this 1.1 release to be an official update to the 1.0 release. Please advise if this is possible with a name and domain change.
2) Minor useability changes:
a) Change the “Set Destination” select box to show the country plus country code. This is accomplished by a calling our new 2.0 API (get_country_names_and_prefixes() instead of the 1.0 API get_country_prefixes()). If you look at the current select box, it's full of just numbers (country dial codes). We'll make this look better by adding the country in the select box as well.
b) Make the same select box default to the currently selected destination country. This will help users save time when setting their destination since most will always use the same country prefix.
3) Bug fixes:
a) Fix the app so that it works on iOS7. I don't know why, but users running iOS7 can't even log on! I can't believe that an OS upgrade would break such a simple app, but apparently it did.
b) Unable to use the app after some time (one or two months): Strangely enough, this is common to both the Android and the iPhone app. The apps were created by two different developers which makes me think that there is something common both operating systems. This seems to have something to do with the authentication token that we send to the app through our API method: get_auth_token(). If we clear out the authentication token, then the app works fine. Users are forced to just log in again. Once logged in again, the app works as intended.
c) Do not strip all alphabetic characters from the destination when setting the destination. This is because of the voicemail special case. In order to route calls to voicemail, we change the country prefix to be “Voicemail”. If you look at the Set Destination screen, you'll notice there are many country codes. At the very bottom is “Voicemail”. When this is set as a country code it tells the server to route all calls to voicemail. Instead, this currently gets stripped out.
What we provide:
1) An API to do the work of authenticating the user's subscription, changing the destination (scenario 1), initiating a callback (scenario 2), and serving up the customer's DIDs, destinations, and allowed country codes and country names. UPDATE: With this release, we'll be using the 2.0 API. It's the exact same thing as the 1.0 API with the addition of the API call to fetch the country prefixes and country names.
2) All artwork. If you need any extra artwork, just let us know in advance.
3) A specification.
You love developing and debugging for iPhone and you are great at it.
We will provide a [url removed, login to view] repository which you'll use to commit code. Code commits should come with each successful task or at the end of the day, whichever is sooner.
This is an easy app for a good iPhone developer to implement. A seasoned iPhone developer can probably do this in one day. If you bid, please provide:
1) A description of why you're a good fit.
2) A description of the project you're most proud of and why (just one is fine). We're technical folks here, so feel free to write technically.
3) If you have a project that you worked on that we can check out, that's great too.
NOTE: There is also an identical Android project that needs updating as well. If your team can also handle Android projects, feel free to PM with a bid for updating both the iPhone and Android apps.
9 freelancers are bidding on average $679 for this job
Hello, i read your [url removed, login to view] have good expertise in the voip app and we can do your work [url removed, login to view] i review your code i give you exact time and [url removed, login to view] now i enter placerholder bid, its not a real [url removed, login to view] More