VIN code scan android app
This project received 11 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $577 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking for developer to code a basic android application that allows a user to manage a database of vehicle records -- the default user interface will include a list of vehicles, with options to add a vehicle, edit a vehicle entry, or delete a vehicle.
- It should be set up to work with a VIN code scanner for automatic entry of vehicles by scanning the vehicle's VIN bar code. The application should utilize the android barcode scanner library for scanning and android built-in SQLite Database.
- Results of the scan will be sent to an external service which will decode the VIN and instantly return results in XML format. These should be populated into the application's database and show up in the vehicle input form.
- The app should also contain buttons which allow the user to take photos with the phone camera and the filenames of photos taken for each vehicle should correspond to the VIN number.
- Finally, it should have a “data export” button that can export its database in simple csv or xml format.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.
If you are not into Android and can, instead, get this done in a different OS such as iPhone, Linux/Qtopia (for use with a Sharp Zaurus PDA), Windows Mobile, etc., we'd be interested in those other avenues as well.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online