I\\\'m looking to develop a mobile and software application for regular music consumers that allow them to create their own unique song versions from their copyright protected music libraries without having to understand the complexities of a professional recording studio.\r\n\r\nThe application needs to be designed to create a unique song for the consumer as quickly as possible and provide them with an application that enhances how they consume music. In part the consumer becomes the creator. \r\n\r\nThe entire digital remix for the end user\\\'s unique song is created thru the application which legally downloads paid parts of different songs from digital retailers selected by the end user to their music library. A music fan purchases the parts of the song, for example a Rolling Stones instrumental and a Lady Gaga a cappella, from digital retailers like iTunes. In turn the song parts are downloaded to iRemix\\\'s application that mashes the two song pieces together creating a unique song for the end user. The end user doesn\\\'t have to be an expert in mixing, mastering or pro-tools because the application matches the BPM (beats per minute) and the algorithim created also matches the time lengths of both parts of the song. In other words the application has to either extend the acapella or the instrumental or vise versa.\r\n\r\nIdeally the user would pick an acapella (lyrics) from lets say Jay Z and then what ever lyrics they pick the BPM of the lyrics would allow them to pick and purchase a various amount of instrumentals that match the same BPM of the acapella plus or minus a 5 BPM range. Then the user could pick which instrumental they would like to mix/mash with their Jay Z acapella and the application would do it for them matching the BPM and length of each parts of the song to provide a unique, mashed up version for the end user.\r\n\r\nIdeally this application would be able to meet Apple\\\'s application criteria and work well with iTunes. But I would also like it to be a stand alone application with it\\\'s own music library similar to iTunes where users can buy parts of the song and use the application to mash up/ mix different songs together from parts of the songs (acapella, hook, instrumental).
Here are the requirements that the application must have:
1. Be able to work with iTunes (import parts of songs from iTunes once paid for into application)
2. Would like it to also be a stand alone application capable of selling music from companies licensed libraries like (7digital http://us.7digital.com)
3. application needs to match the time length of each song part. in other words either the acapella (lyrics) or the instrumental (beat, music) has to be either lengthened or shortened
4. application has to detect the BPM (beats per minute) of each song part
5. Application has to allow the end user to pick songs parts that are within 5 BPM's of each other (so it sounds good when mixed). in other words it would sound good mixed is the lyrics are 80 bpm's and the beat is 140 bpm's.
6. The process of mixing, mashing the song parts together has to be quick for the end user
7. End user has to be able to download, upload and do whatever they want with the final version
8. Application has to be easy to use (This application is NOT a DJ application or professional studio application however it does have simulate what can be done with PRO TOOLS in a quick and easy fashion.
9. This application is for a normal music consumer, not a professional musician or recording engineer
10. Most important- THE MIX OF THE SONG PARTS HAS TO SOUND GOOD AS AN ORIGINAL SONG