Abstract: Assimilator is password generator developed for iPhone/iPad and currently exists in the App Store as a paid version and a Lite (free) version. It was released in August of this year and it is not performing as expected. Current iOS version is 6 or better.
Scope of work: I am looking for someone who can do a complete revision/overhaul of the user interface and modernize the look and feel of both applications to take advantage of iOS. If you visit the App store and do a search under Assimilator you can download the free app and view screenshots of the paid version. If you require a copy of the paid app, I can provide you a promotion code to down load it free, but I need to limit this to a minimum of (5) so only finalists will be allowed a code. I encourage you to visit the App Store however, check out the Lite version and would WELCOME your feedback on any improvements, modification and ideas you think would make the app more user friendly/desirable.
The current look and feel was based upon a Sci-Fi / Tech theme which may be too much or overkill or unappealing to some end users. In fact, my wife does not like the interface so I am thinking this may be a common problem. She feels it is too complex and needs to be more user-friendly, so again, your comments would be greatly appreciated - even if you like the current theme consider using skins as an option. I am open to all suggestions.
The app will continue to use its existing functionality, and only the interface needs to be changed so no program alterations are needed at this time. However, if a newer interface does open the possibility for enhanced functionality that will be considered so please keep this in mind?
I am looking for creativity, ingenuity, and something that will make Assimilator stand out. So if you are a seasoned developer on iOS and have experience in A.I.D please feel free to reply.
Assimilator has these functionalities in (3) or (4) screens depending upon the version: A Main screen, an Options screen, the Help Menu and a 4th Load screen (hidden in the paid version) for storing frequently used accounts.
* An Input box for an Encryption Key, and one for a Simple Password
* A display box for the Encrypted Password.
* There are (2) switches for masking the key and locking the key so it cannot be revealed.
* There is a Run button
* Sound FX buttons (3) - I want to reduce this to (2) so one will be eliminated.
* Buttons for Upper/Lower Case conversion and Restore (password) to Original (3)
* There are (2) buttons for Copy Password/Copy UserID (the latter in the paid version only)
* A Reset button
* A Timer
* Character counters (3)
* And buttons for navigating between screens (3).
* The Option Screen has a Timer - and a hidden timer options screen.
* Switches for character usage (4)
* Sliders (2) for setting length of password and number of encryption passes (the latter in paid only)
* A Load button that takes you to a section for storing frequently used accounts that can be loaded into the app (paid version only)
* A Reset button
* Nav buttons (3) to the other menus
* Character counters (3)
* A display for showing a saved account has been loaded from the Load screen - Paid version only and hidden if not in use.
*The Help Menu is all text and I want to simplify and reduce the amount of data contained here so this screen is less busy and easier to follow. There are (6) buttons for navigating to the various help topics – again way too much information so this will be reduced.
Ideally, if you are able to submit examples of your ideas, that would be the most desirable means for determining who will be awarded this job. As I mentioned earlier, my wife does not like the current interface and is a visual person, so she will have large part in making a final decision. Again, consider skins as an option because there may be techno-junkies out there who like the current theme.
Please let me know if you need any more specific detail about this posting. I will be happy to provide you with as much information as you need to make a reasonable offer.
Thank you for your consideration of this post and I look forward to hearing from those interested.