iOS application database display + audio
This project was successfully completed by Stexan for $138 USD in 4 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$50 - $200 USD
Completed In4 days
I need an application that will lookup information in a DB and display it plus a few extra options.
It has a few options in the Settings menu and the display must be in a very specific way. Please read the complete description before bidding.
(I will provide the database)
Before starting, if you're not passionate about iOS / Objective-C and programming, please move along, as the program must be well designed, architected and organized with no resources wasted and optimized for multiple screen size devices and orientations. I'm a perfectionist, thus the code must be well structured, extremely clean with concise comments about what the code does and of course in English. I assume the Objective-C syntax rules are followed, such as descriptive names for variables, classes and functions, length of the line should not be longer than 80 characters, constants and text should be separated and not hardcoded, etc.
It may look like a lot of requirements, but some are repeated and not really difficult to implement. However, please make sure you read everything before bidding.
- The application must be written in Objective-C / iOS - please don't use any framework (C# or similar).
- The application must run on iOS 5.0+ and newer (it is not a problem if it works on iOS 4 or older but not a strict requirement) and it would be nice to make use of the new iOS 7 features.
- The application must work properly on phones with different screen size and resolution, so that everything is dp (Density Independent Pixel). Tablets must be supported as well.
- Application must work in landscape as well (not just work, it must look great).
Once the application is opened, a grid with six options will appear (each will have an icon - remember different screen sizes and resolutions + landscape mode). Main menu (GRID):
Each of those will do the following:
1. Show a searching box with a numeric only keypad (include delete, clear and a Search button). Once the button search is pressed, the application will lookup the ID field of a database (which it will be provided) and display the information. I will describe how the information is displayed later.
Ex: Keypad as follows, [url removed, login to view] but include clear symbol (clear the field). At the bottom it should have a big button (width of all three buttons) that says Find, Search or whatever word. I would like much if it can be used some iOS native keypad instead of designing a different one, but if not possible, I understand. In any case, it should be centered, all buttons aligned, occupying the same space (except the width of the Search button) and of course, should work on all screen sizes and resolutions (including tablets) and in landscape mode.
2. Similar to number one, however, instead of a numeric keypad it will show full keyboard (iOS Keyboard) and it won't have a Search button. Rather, it will update results found after every key is pressed. If a number is pressed, assume to search the field ID, otherwise look into field name (in the DB) and content (if enabled in settings). It should look something like this:
[ Search here ] - textbox
n results found
[ Keyboard ] - this space
[ Keyboard ] - is ocupied
[ Keyboard ] - by the keyboard
When the query is done, it will be done starting from id 0 and going in increasing order, so the result should be displayed like: 4 results.
Results must be scrollable to show a defined number of results (defined in settings).
If the user holds the finger on a result, it should display the option Add to favorites if it is not in the favorites, otherwise Remove from favorites.
If the user clicks on a result, the information is displayed.
READ the attached file for more details before bidding.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online