- Primary Use is to have an application that can record video like a HD car cam (black box) however to also incorporate other functions.
- 3 Parts to this application
Part 1: - The actual application - please use the inbuilt camera app as the base, all functions below are just tweaks to the camera app.
- Keep the native Camera app, this is to be a SEPERATE app to the native one which should not interfere at all with the app.
- Same options and HD quality etc... as inbuilt app, minus the option to take photos. Strictly VIDEO MODE ONLY is required.
- Has option to start/stop recording either as background process or foreground) - meaning that unlike native camera app, you dont need to be in the app to continue recording and ability to switch to and from other apps back to this app without interrupting recording if you are using multiple apps at same time (foreground).
- Records without being interrupted by other apps (background+foreground), power button to lock screen etc.. wish to have the start/stop button (as per native video record mode on camera app) configured as the ONLY way to start/stop recordings whilst in the app.
- Volume rocker to be a selectable option to use as start/stop record. (All settings to be made as an overlay- as per native app overlay design, or as per Android 4.2.3 camera option overlay)
- Continuous recording HD without interruptions, up to 8 hrs or more depending on storage space available, storage should be the only limiting factor in video length. If possible require ONE large file, rather than split video files.
- During recording if possible to have the notification light on front of phone blink as if were an immobiliser that is fitted to most modern cars. (Possibly dimmed to save battery life, not sure if possible)
- Timer option under settings (On/Off - if on, have ability to set duration in minutes and hours - no restrictions on recording lengths)
- If possible increase video bitrate+ quality, keeping as close to possible as stock calibration. (If the stock is as good as one can tune it, then ignore this).
- Must be suitable for stock IOS, do not wish to root device to allow this functionality.
- Quick toggle setting on settings overlay to have "Screen On" or "Screen Off"
- Require application interface to have easy quick toggles/drop down toggles as per inbuilt camera app, and a separate "backend" settings app shortcut for accessing and configuring Current video recording settings or defaults, or to be used prior to launching app so nothing is required to setup and you can just press start/stop recording to begin.
Part 2: Video Record Scheduler - option within application
- Has ability to schedule video recordings.
- Settings for scheduling must be a sub menu/tab within the "backend" settings app section
- Calendar recordings/schedule settings are specific to the app only. They DONT need to be backed up or hook-in/synced with iphone calendar. Only to be for the setting video recording schedules.
- Options for the schedule are to mimic what is available for Android GOOGLE Calendar , with added options for setting: Camera Zoom (default is 1x), for setting recurrences to schedules, as per android google calendar, however with ability to repeat a schedule for multiple and specific days at the specified time period set or duration/length of video recording specified instead of time schedule)
- All camera settings as per above, but be configurable when making a schedule. This includes: screen on/off, zoom level, 480p/720p/1080p, 30fps/60fps, pretty much all settings as per above inclusive of native camera app settings.
Part 3: Remote Start/Stop Record
- Require ability to be able to start/stop recordings remotely via HTTPS/web interface with login required, same settings as app on phone, minus calendar (as scheduling is done from phone)
- Show videos already recorded and showing current recording with time+date stamped +resolution and FPS of video