iPhone app - business card OCR + storage
This project received 15 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1521 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$750 - $1500 USD
The application will make use of the 5MP camera and will be used to store business cards on the iPhone's disk. Although there already applications like this on the market, this application will also allow you to send the business card via bluetooth and MMS.
Users can easily review the collection of cards, Searching for them in different ways (i.e Company Name, Location, Person, Positions etc...).
Viewing should be smooth and allow the user to cycle through them in a Cover Flow manner whilst also offering Grid and List views as well.
Although out of the scope of the first iteration, scanning the text so that it can be added to contacts should be considered as possible future enhancement, including syncing with GMAIL contacts and possibly looking at social networking API's like Linked-In. Additionally Google Maps will also be reviewed as possible medium. Other export functions could be considered, i.e. MS Exchange, Outlook, Notes etc...
Although the above are future considerations, it is important to make sure that data is stored in flexible format so that it can be easily manipulated and exported in a number of fashions.
- Camera to be used for scanning business cards and storing them in HD quality.
- Virtual business cards should be easily viewable (cover flow, grid, list)
- The application should be smooth, easy to use and configure
- Configuration of your own business card (select image, use camera, templates)
- Virtual business cards can be sent with one touch (bluetooth)
- MMS functionality should allow the card to be sent via 3G, however, on receiving the card the virtual business card must be added to the users current application and not just be left in the MMS inbox.
- Space at bottom of the application for advertising is essential (loaded from an external source).
- Data should be stored in a searchable (local) database.
- Data should have associated keywords for searching (name, company)
- Date of scanning should be associated to the virtual business card
- User should be able to add additional information (fields to be discussed)
- Data mark-up should be extensible and easily exportable.
A full design brief will be made available, including some basic wire frames and story boards. Please request this.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online