Voting by sms with results in tables
This project received 4 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $6 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
I need a simple process where people can vote by sms (text message) and the results tabulated.
People, all from one country would vote from their phones(old phones & smart phones) to a given mobile number chosen by you that you will be able to link to a file to collect the data..
1. There will be only three questions
2. The answers will be in digit form apart from two questions which will be words or a combination of both..
3. There may be simple spelling mistakes in the words of the answers so the files should anticipate and recognise the intended word and allocate them to the correct fields on the file.
4. The first question will have choice of 6 answers of which only one answer is needed. Answers will be one of the numbers, 1 to 6. The options will be listed.
5. The second question will have a choice of 2 answers of which only one answers is needed. Answers will be one of the numbers, 1 or [url removed, login to view] options will be listed.
6. .The third question will a choice of 300 answers. The answers will be in word form (no digits) and may have spelling mistakes so files need to anticipate the word and recognise the word. The options will not be listed as the voters will already know what words to key in. This words are the residential locations of the voters.
7. The fourth question will be alphanumeric and will be pre-determined for each voter
8. The last question will be alphanumeric and will be pre-determined for each voter.
9. At the end there will be a small thank you message.
10. Contractor will have to suggest the best system for this to work. We would suggest a system where voters key in on their phones our pre-selected specific easily memorable code like 11111 or *222# as agreed with sms service provider or text messaging service provider. Then they get a reply asking them to answer five simple questions.
11. Contractor will have to identify and chose which sms or text messaging service provider to use but text costs to the voter must be kept to the lowest, cheapest cost possible. People will not vote to an expensive sms or text messaging [url removed, login to view] will add a small premium to this sms or text messaging cost to help cover our administration costs. The premium will be paid to me.
12. The data required for each of the 5 questions would be tabulated separately as follows.:
13. Table A. Question [url removed, login to view] aggregate votes for each of the 6 options
14. Table B. Question [url removed, login to view] aggregate votes for each of the 2 options
15. Table C. Question [url removed, login to view] aggregate votes for each of the 6 options in question 1 in each residential location.
16. Table D. Also the aggregate votes for each of the 2 options in question 2 in each residential location
17. Table E. Question 4 & 5. The two alphanumeric keyed in by voter for questions 4 & 5 plus their option for question one.
18. Hundreds of thousands of people might respond so the system should have a capacity to handle probably answers from millions of people.
19. I will provide a simple website which will use templates to save time and costs.
20. For any questions contact me via “WhatsApp” or “Viber” using mobile 447886811999 or email
Work needed in 7 to 10 days. Should be ready by 23 January 2013 preferably much earlier.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online