We are looking to have an application built for both iOS & Android mobile phones that will connect with youtube and our server to pull a list of channels and videos in each channel for users to watch.
The App Should Operate as follows:
Authorizing access to private user data- Upload, Download and Streaming Live Video
- Loading Screen: Show Logo while fetching current channel list from our API
- Main Screen: Show list of channels to select from our API
- Channel Screen: Show list of video assets (thumbnails) from our API (this list is filtered by the Channel Selected in Main Screen) displayed in the order they are sent
- User can click on the video asset to watch it on their device (user must be able to select from our available streaming formats SD through to HD)
Streaming Live Video
Viideo in maximum 720p (1280 x 720) resolution at 30 frames per second, with 1 key frame every 2 seconds.
• I-frame (keyframe) at least once every two seconds throughout the stream.
• Max bit rate is 4 mbps.
• Titles must be less than 255 characters
• The Live API accepts H264 encoded video and AAC encoded audio only
• 4 hour maximum length for live stream.
• 4 hour maximum length for preview streams (either through Live dialog or publisher tools). After 240 minutes, a new stream key must be generated.
• RTMP stream URLs will expire 24 hours- required
Advanced Audio Settings:
• Audio Sample Rate: 44.1 KHz- minimum
• Audio Bitrate: 128 Kbps - minimum
Advanced Video Settings:
• Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square
• Frame Types: Progressive Scan
• Bitrate Encoding: CBR
Supported Formats- Required
3g2, 3gp, 3gpp, asf, avi, dat, divx, dv, f4v, flv, m2ts, m4v, mkv, mod, mov, mp4, mpe, mpeg, mpeg4, mpg, mts, nsv, ogm, ogv, qt, tod, ts, vob, and wmv.