Amendments to Java based web site
This project received 8 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $283 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$200 - $250 USD
We are looking for a Java web developer to work on some amendments to a new web site for a e-learning company.
The site is coded using the following technologies and frameworks.
JSP and JSTL
Struts 2, Spring and Hibernate
Eclipse, MySQL and Tomcat
The code should be well structured and well commented. The coder should be able to follow coding guidelines and naming conventions.
The coder should have good communication skills and also must be able to provide regular updates. It is expected for these amendments to take about one to two weeks.
Detailed below are the new amendments:
1) We would like to add a mechanism for client side form validation using Struts validation and DWR. Maybe some research is needed to confirm this is possible. The current site already uses DWR for some AJAX functions and Struts validation is used.
2) We would like to add a link to a page where additional fonts can be added. These should be also stored in an XML file format in the database. The main settings page should only contain two fonts (the question font should be removed). The fonts should have three fields. These will be 'face', 'size' and 'color'. At the moment the fonts only have one field. Similar functionality already exists for 'labels'.
3) The site should be integrated with Paypal and Worldpay for payment processing for both single payments and recurring payments. We have some existing code from previous project for payment integration.
4) If there are no questions or sections in an assessment and the user wants to add sections and questions to the assessment add a button to take the user through the create assessment process (except the first and last steps).
5) Please add a boolean field to the section to determine if the section is the login section. When the login section is created then please set this to true for this section. When selecting the key fields please only allow fields from the login section. Please also add a new field to the section table "timelimit" and corresponding field to the section JSP page. Please also add a new checkbox and a separate page with text area to the assessment settings page. These two fields should have corresponding fields in the 'assessment' database table.
6) Add a new field answer table 'testmode' this will be boolean. If 'testmode' is true then this answer should be ignored from all of the results. Also a cron job should be created to delete all of the 'testmode' results on a regular basis.
7) Add a 'Last edited' time in friendly format. A method to convert the time to friendly format will be provided.
There are also a number of bugs.
Please contact us for more information the full project details and an example of the a prototype of the existing site.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online