RHE cPanel Server Migration to CentOS cPanel server w/hardening
This project was successfully completed by adilchang for $111 USD in a day.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In1 day
My existing server ran out of VAR and USR space so I am purchasing a second server to migrate to. I am also migrating from RHE to CentOS. There are about 150 domains totaling about 150GB of data. Both servers are located in the same server farm at Softlayer in Dallas05. The server OS details are as follows:
Current - Redhat Enterprise 6.5 running cPanel WHM 11.40.1
New - CentOS 6.4? running cPanel WHM 11.40.1?
Would like to do the migration the weekend of March 8-9, Saturday night off hours, i.e. between 1 or 2am and 5-6am CST.
Expect to purchase the second sever Friday, March 7th and the initial data can be copied during the day on Saturday, March 8th.
Most of the domains are standard running Menalto Gallery, Wordpress, Joomla, etc. We do have one non-traditional product called Strongbox which provides password protection. There is a support contract for the Strongbox product but if necessary, you will need to coordinate with them to insure it works properly.
[url removed, login to view]
In addition to the migration we will want the new server hardened. The last person who hardened the server left the server
susceptible to reverse DNS problems.
To recap, this is what we expect to be done:
1. new server purchased March 7th
2. user data/domains to be migrated March 8th and the server to be hardened
3. during the night of the 8th/early morning of the 9th, the migration and all server duties should be completed
4. the current NS IP will be switched to the new server early on Sunday, the 9th
5. syncing of mail, etc. that was received on the old server to the new server so no data is lost in the migration since the data was moved before the IP was switched over. This should be timed such that the IP change to the new server and syncing of data is done so that all mail received on the old server on Saturday is there Sunday morning, CST on the new server.
If done as planned, my customers, all of which are in the United States, will wake up Sunday morning and will be using the new server with all of their mail, etc. so the move will be "invisible" to them. By using the same server name and IP address, all security certificates and similar items should function as if there had been no server change.
My apologies to those who bid on the earlier version of this project. I was going to use the cloud to do this and I was going to do it a weekend earlier but I made a scheduling error.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online